WAOK/V-103 Georgia Primary Survey Results
With 1 month to go until votes are counted in the Georgia Primary, a new SurveyUSA poll was conducted exclusively for V-103/WAOK and WXIA-TV in Atlanta. Here is what the poll finds:
- In the Republican Governor Primary — John Oxendine is positioned For Runoff against Karen Handel or Nathan Deal
- In the Democratic Governor Primary – Former Ga Governor Roy Barnes should coast to the November General election with 2/3 of Vote
- [pullquote quote=”3,500 Georgia adults were interviewed by SurveyUSA 06/14/10 through 06/17/10.”]In the Democratic US Senate Primary –Labor Commissioner Michael Thurmond should advance to November General election to face Incumbent Senator Johnny Isakson
- In the Democratic Lieutenant Governor Primary –Dubose Porter Leads Tricia C McCracken 2:1 With 1 in 4 still undecided
- In the Republican School Superintendent Primary: John Barge, Richard Woods are neck and neck
- In the Democratic School Superintendent Primary: Joe Martin is well ahead, But could see a runoff in August against Brian Westlake or Beth Farokhi
Here is the background on how many people were questioned for this survey.
3,500 Georgia adults were interviewed by SurveyUSA 06/14/10 through 06/17/10. Of them, 3,009 were registered to vote. Of the registered voters, 787 were determined by SurveyUSA to have already voted or to be likely to vote in the July 20 Republican Primary; 501 were determined by SurveyUSA to have already voted or to be likely to vote in the July 20 Democratic Primary. Early voting began statewide on June 7.
Here are the questions that were asked in the poll, followed by the top 3 answers.
If the Republican primary for Governor were today, who would you vote for?
Jeff Chapman, Nathan Deal, Karen Handel, Eric Johnson, Ray McBerry, John Oxendine, or Otis Putnam.
34% said John Oxendine
18% said Karen Handel
17% said Nathan Deal
If the Democratic primary for Governor were today, who would you vote for?
Thurbert Baker, Roy Barnes, Bill Bolton, Carl Camon, Randal Mangham, DuBose Porter, or David Poythress?
63% said Roy Barnes
13% said Thurbert Baker
11% said they were undecided
Georgia Democrats will also hold a primary for United States Senate. If the Democratic primary for US Senate were today, who would you vote for?
R.J. Hadley or Michael Thurmond?
68% said Michael Thurmond
11% said R.J. Hadley
22% said they were still undecided
Georgia Democrats will also hold a primary for Lieutenant Governor. If the Democratic primary for Lieutenant Governor were today, who would you vote for?
Tricia Carpenter McCracken? Or Carol Porter?
48% said Carol Porter
28% said they were undecided
24% said Tricia Carpenter McCracken
Georgia Republicans will also hold a primary for School Superintendent. If the Republican primary for School Superintendent were today, who would you vote for?
John Barge or Richard Woods?
38% are undecided
33% said Robert Woods
28% said John Barge
Georgia Democrats will also hold a primary for School Superintendent. If the Democratic primary for School Superintendent were today, who would you vote for?
Beth Farokhi, Joe Martin, or Brian Westlake?
40% said Joe Martin
30% said they were still undecided
17% said Brian Westlake
14% said Beth Farokhi
Which one of these issues has the greatest overall impact on your votes in the primary? Jobs? State budget cuts? Education? Water supply issues? Transportation? Ethics in state politics? Immigration? Crime? Health Care? The oil spill? Or some other issue?
Top three issues:
9% Immigration, Ethics, State budget cuts
11 Alive Reporter Jeff Hullinger was a guest on V-103 this week and answered some questions about the poll.